I got bogged down in this book for a while, but picked it back up and finished it yesterday.
What I liked:
- It was a fun mystery, and suitably scary (though the final upshot went off the rails a bit)
- Kevin's TSTL moments made sense because he had a good reason not to call the cops
- Some great characters - I especially loved Marc, the geeky friend who never leaves his house (he even orders in sex)
- Michael was scary as hell
What I wasn't crazy about:
- As I said, it bogged down in the middle for me. Every time Kevin's mom showed up the story came to a screeching halt for me. I didn't care about her and didn't want to spend time with her. And the Dottie thing wasn't funny for me - just icky.
- the love interest was bland and boring - Kevin had a lot of intriguing and fun possibilities and he picked the least interesting among them.
I was able to borrow this book from Amazon Prime. I liked it enough to look for the second one, but it is $9.99. Way too much. So I guess I liked this book about $3.99 worth?